HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Several colors of acrylic paint
Necklace chain or colored elastic
Large mixing bowl
1. Thread 3-5 wood beads onto a pipe cleaner
2. Pick up a small amount of acrylic paint on a skinny paintbrush and create geometric patterns with stripes or dots
3. Once your beads are painted bend the ends of the pipe cleaner over the edges of a large mixing bowl to dry.
4. After your beads have dried apply a thin layer of clear varnish with a large paintbrush to keep the paint from scratching off.
5. String your finished beads along with other bits and baubles ( I like using brass hex nuts from the hardware store) onto a ball-link chain.
6. Cut short lengths of colored elastic and string a few of your patterned beads to create cute hair elastics or bracelets. Melt the ends of the elastic with a lighter before matching up the ends and tying in a knot 1/2" from the ends.